String Words ClassEntisoft Tools 2.0 Object Library
Version 2.1 Build 208
<-- Previous || Index || Main || Topics || Next -->
Declarations Section, SpecialSeparators Property, AcronymString Function, AcronymFromCapitals Function, AddSpaceBeforeAllCapitals Function, AddSpaceBeforeCapitals Function, AverageReadingTime Function, CombineOverlappingWords Function, CountWords Function, DictionaryOrder Function, IsAlliteration Function, IsAnagram Function, IsPalindrome Function, LastName1stTo1stName1st Function, MetaPhone Function, PigLatin Function, ProperCase Function, ProperCaseInPlace Function, ReverseCharactersEveryWord Function, RotateWordsLeft Function, RotateWordsRight Function, SortWords Function, SortWordsSample Sub, Soundex Function, SoundexExtended Function, StringWidth Function, SummarizeText Function, SummarizeTextSample Sub
- Declarations Section
- Special Separators Property
- Property whose Constant value contains the special character classification definitions used by functions like SummarizeText and SortWords. The definitions in this string describe the characters in the ANSI Windows character set.
- Acronym String Function
- Converts a string into its acronym by returning the first alphanumeric character from each sequence of alphanumeric characters.
- Acronym From Capitals Function
- Extract all of the capital letters from a string.
- Add Space Before All Capitals Function
- Adds a space character before all capital letters in string vValue. Function does not add a space before the first character of the string if it is a capital letter.
- Add Space Before Capitals Function
- Adds spaces before the last capital letter in all sequences of one or more capital letters. Function does not add a space before the first character of the word if it is otherwise a candidate capital letter.
- Average Reading Time Function
- Calculate the average reading time for a paragraph of text. The lines of text can be separated by either line feed (UNIX) or carriage return line feed characters (DOS/Windows).
- Combine Overlapping Words Function
- Combine words that overlap from the end of one phrase to the beginning of the other.
- Count Words Function
- Count the alphanumeric words within a string. Function considers each sequence of one or more alphanumeric characters to be a word.
- Dictionary Order Function
- Return a string representing the dictionary order of the string vValue. If the string begins with any of the words in vRotateWords, those words are moved to the end of the string.
- Is Alliteration Function
- Return True if the phrase vValue is an alliteration. An alliteration is a phrase in which each word begins with the same letter.
- Is Anagram Function
- Return True of the two phrases are anagrams of each others. Anagrams are words which contain the same characters shuffled into different positions. If the characters in one phrase can be rearranged into different positions to become the second phrase, then the two phrases are anagrams of each other.
- Is Palindrome Function
- Return True if the alphanumeric characters in the string are a palindrome. A palindrome is a phrase whose alphanumeric characters are the same when they are reversed.
- Last Name 1st To 1st Name 1st Function
- "Last-name-first To First-name-first" Converts a name from last-name-first form into first-name-first form. Strings not containing either one or two commas are returned unchanged.
- Meta Phone Function
- Returns the MetaPhone equivalent of an English word or phrase. The MetaPhone algorithm reduces words to their phonetic equivalent in many cases.
- Pig Latin Function
- Converts an English phrase into "Pig Latin." The first letter of every word is moved to the end of the word then an "a" is added.
- Proper Case Function
- Convert a string to its proper-case equivalent. The first character of each alphabetic word is converted to its upper-case equivalent and the remaining alphabetic characters are converted to their lower-case equivalent.
- Proper Case In Place Function
- Convert the argument rValue to its proper-case equivalent and also return the value. The first character of each alphabetic word is converted to its upper-case equivalent and the remaining alphabetic characters are converted to their lower-case equivalent.
- Reverse Characters Every Word Function
- Reverse the characters within every word. Words are defined as being separated by any of the characters in vCharSeps.
- Rotate Words Left Function
- Rotate/move the first word within the string vValue to the end of the string.
- Rotate Words Right Function
- Rotate/move the last word within the string vValue to the beginning of the string.
- Sort Words Function
- Sort the words within a phrase, create a string containing the unique words within a string, or perform both operations at the same time (sort the unique words).
- Sort Words Sample Sub
- Print some samples of the SortWords function.
- Soundex Function
- Convert a string to its four-character Soundex code, which will be the same for many words which are spelled similarly. Useful for finding the names within a database table that are spelled similarly.
- Soundex Extended Function
- Convert a string to its four-character Extended Soundex code, which will be the same for many words which are spelled similarly. Useful for finding the names within a database table that are spelled similarly. Similar to the Soundex function except that this one converts even the first character of string vValue into the appropriate numeric character class.
- String Width Function
- Determine the width of a string in characters, assuming that backspace characters have a width of -1 (because they move the print positions back one space) and all but the carriage control characters have a width of 1.
- Summarize Text Function
- Summarize the words within a paragraph. Excess spaces are removed, words are sorted by their frequency, and certain words can be ignored.
- Summarize Text Sample Sub
- Print a sample of the SummarizeText function.
This Windows-based ActiveX DLL provides many useful routines through its function-bearing and data structure classes. Consult the Help file for more information, or call us at 1-310-472-3736. For the latest news and files, visit our home page on the World Wide Web: http://www.entisoft.com
Copyright 1996-1999 Entisoft
Entisoft Tools is a trademark of Entisoft.